Level of Lucidity:
Level of Cohesiveness:
This dream has been viewed 176 times.
1. It starts with a Stratocaster electric guitar, hanging in space.
Then I am on a big stage outdoors at night with a couple of other people before a concert. There is that familiar, sickly feeling that none of us seems to know what to play. I think of a couple of tunes I could play if I got out my acoustic, like Supertramp's Give a Little Bit, but none of the songs i'm thinking of are grabbing me in the moment.
Instead, I join the audience and now I'm watching the show. Lots of guitar players in a rock band, all doing audience-participation stuff and making big pointing gestures at different parts of the crowd. Wave your hands in the air silliness. Strange outfits too. I continue to observe the silliness...
The scene before me shifts: now I am in a glass-enclosed observation deck overlooking the local high school football field. (Rock bands revealed as macho competition.)
There is a man-sized creature, perched atop a telephone pole that's just in front of me, outside. The critter looks vaguely like a big hairy monkey with floppy dog ears. (A rock musician!) He keeps licking his 'paws' and trying to smooth his ears up, like opposite combovers across the top of his head, making them look like a helmet/ part of his skull? Maybe thinking this makes him look more dignified? Or less old.
I give the creature the thumbs up. It does a double take. Then it takes off its handpiece and its face flap: it's an elaborate costume. There's some regular guy inside it! He waves back. I don't know if he's the football team mascot or what. (Rock band competition revealed as dress-up goofing around.)
2. Someone I can't see is talking to me about my songs. They mention one particular one: I tell them it would be hard for me to play that one because it reminds me of somebody (Marianne). Just as I think that, on cue, I feel very sad and start choking up.
Then I'm briefly in a hotel room. For some reason, R. the not very good drummer is already having a steamy shower in the bathroom there. Many rolled-up towels are piled up on the countertop, as if to soak up the coming flood of water/tears.
I leave again.
I am back at Yorktown Heights Shopping Center, entering a shop in the small, 70s mall. I buy a bike and go bicycling along a country road as darkness falls. I steer with one hand while reaching down for my nighttime driving glasses, they should be in my pocket. Traffic is getting heavier.
I come around a bend. Through the dusk I can see several twisters nearby! They are marching down the valley to my right, but they are smaller and less threatening than they first seemed to be. At the top of the hill the vortices surround a traditional traincarriage diner. The tornados take up their positions on each side. Then each tornado shrinks into an ornamental tree (with no leaves). Like magic!
A mountebank/magician steps out the front door of the diner, onto the porch, with an announcement. "The poetry slams will be starting in ___ minutes," he proclaims.
I've left behind an album I need for the show! I have to turn the bicycle around and go back to get it: it's '(Living in) America' by James Brown. (*Making peace with being in this country and just getting black, urban poetic and funky anyway.)
3. I'm with Gidget, an online friend of mine: I have my hand on her boob (-job) and in the dream it is made out of vines and tendrils! Then I realize all the rest of her is also made of vines. I kiss her on the lips. She turns back from plant matter into flesh.
Level of Lucidity:
Level of Cohesiveness:
This dream has been viewed 154 times.
1. I am strolling down the sidewalk in NYC. I walk into the corner of a brick building with the left side of my body. The right side keeps walking down the sidewalk. The left side, although jarred, continues, except perhaps in a more etheric way, through the building walls? It's hard to describe. Then everything is back to normal.
2. I see a map of Manhattan. The left side (West Side) is covered in the weather report symbols for rain drops.
[*Made me think back to a teary ex of mine on 86th West, and to another friend from Brown who lived on the Upper West Side who got himself railroaded into marriage after his girlfriend sneakily stopped taking birth control. Not to mention that I used to work at MTV in the late 1980s in that area.]
3. I'm in an apartment with a cute Mediterranean looking brunette, possibly a dream girlfriend, who's walking around with her very round ass flashing sexily just beneath the hem of her camisole. Rawwwr.
4. I'm suddenly back at college, first day of school (again!) I bump into Becca. [An old crush who used to live in the West Village, in downtown Manhattan.] It's a great meeting! Ah, we're in the middle of catching up on all the missing years, our backs leaning against a car, when her husband leans out from just behind her to say Hello. [Doesn't look like her real life husband.]
My resentment of him 'stealing her away' is long gone. There's a moment of deep acceptance on all sides, acknowledgment that we're all on the same page about something else even more important... about going green. Then we have a long-overdue, healing group hug. Feels wonderful!!
Later I am busy unpacking my stuff in my college dorm room. I have the feeling that I've recently quit smoking pot. [Which is true IRL.] Becca comes tearing around the corner of the corridor in a youthful way, laughing. Rave electronica beats start pumping out of my stereo. Unusual selection for me. Just to be different, perhaps?
Suddenly my body is filled with a very intense sensation, one of having recently dropped ecstasy. It's a sensation I'd nearly forgotten... but one I didn't really associate with that music or going to rave dances, even during my neo-hippie years. The only time I really tried was while having sex with a bi chick in L.A... although she was a raver!
I am breakfasting the next morning at the college cantine. For unknown reasons, I throw my plateful of bacon and eggs away into a wastebasket. I decide to walk over to the other cantine, the one in the main building so I can get myself a plate of ... bacon and eggs ?!
En route I notice that my chunky ex from college is sauntering slowly with her posse in the same direction as me. She's holding court, as she used to, periodically accenting a word by yelling it out so that it echoed across the courtyard. Comedy, you see! The sudden unexpected emphasis is funny.
I keep walking. Although a bit amused, I can only muster up a wan smile, knowing that I don't really belong in her clique, that I'm a loner while she can't go anywhere without bringing a retinue. [*Interestingly, I had another dream of the chunky ex not long ago. In it, she was rather quiet, we were in her urban loft and we had a very nice evening, even making love. Which, considering the level of animosity left in the air after we broke up, was actually a huge dream breakthrough. That dream felt very healing, like resolution and forgiveness had been established between our souls, finally.]
Level of Lucidity:
Level of Cohesiveness:
This dream has been viewed 166 times.
1. A rat is knocked off a branch of a tree... [*see branch from earlier dream this week.]
2. My tweenager winter anorak (a parka with orange lining and fur edged hood) was missing. I was looking all over the city for it. I put it on after an art gallery opening, but it was too tight... That's how I realized I had taken someone else's parka by mistake!
Later I was in front of my bedroom wardrobe, was my parka in here still? I don't know if there was a shortage of hangers going on, but there were lots of shirts per hanger. I was asking for a person's help to sort through all the clothes.
My old keyboardist Ron said he had recruited 5 guitarists (classical?) for the job, so I didn't have to worry!
3. I am sitting at a table with Dave Abell (the guy who shapes the musical show). I nod at him and make a bad gay joke about him, like "Check out Elton John over here." A guy with a lot of costumes in his wardrobe! I wonder what made me make that comparison with David, frankly it seems a bit tasteless now that I'm awake. It was also the second bad joke I'd made within a few minutes in the dream.
4. Something about writing one or two instrumental songs (or with minimal lyrics) before writing the show's grande finale.
5. Note: I "tweaked the tires a bit too much." [Don't want to overinflate the show, or underinflate it...]